Saturday 25 February 2012

Beefy win-wins

Hello again

    as an update to my earlier post alluding to the speed of info on the world wide Tinterweb versus the ink that lands on paper, I noted the following.

On reading WF's copy of What's Brewing for February 2012, I noted, to my amusement, the following blob of gen. On page 6, under the title More for "capital" (assumedly a sly dig at sheffield's beer Mecca status?) it said that the Forum cafe bar chain is due to launch a "North Star" branded beer called First born, contract brewed by Brew Company.

Now, I don't want to end up hoist by my own petard, but I think ye'll find that the cuckoo brewery name is True North. I accept that the "theme" may be the North Star, but even so its a bit "guessy".

Anyhoo, the reason for my smug celebration was that, even considering that the February issue may have been printed at the very beginning of February, my post "Forum bars real ale"  (see I notice a beer is brewed, and everything.... not only correctly identifies the beer using the pump clip, but crucially....

was posted on December 27th 2011!

So, er, I win.

It also generates more stats than any other mumbling (post). And its correct. Its that childish, honestly.

Wee Beefy

No comments:

Post a Comment